I love finding recipes online. Holla.
Food is fuel. Food is life. As a foodie, my life is a constant struggle against one problem: I am too lazy to scroll through a recipe.
A list of more than five ingredients is enough to put me on edge. I have to scroll down to look at what I am supposed to do and then scroll back up to look at the next ingredient? Are you kidding me?
And it’s not like I’m a particularly bad or unskilled cook.
I just don’t want to do things. I want to not do things.
This problem has gotten even worse since I’ve started experimenting in healthier recipes like Paleo, vegan, and raw. It’s almost like people think if you want to eat healthy, you have time to figure out how to cook alfalfa sprouts and learn the right way to pronounce quinoa. Pro tip: It’s not how you would think.
Between my new full time job, freelance work, and blogging, I struggle with finding time to wash my dishes let alone cook. My guess is you don’t have time to think about eating healthy either. Here are some quick and simple recipes that you can make with things you probably buy already.
Egg in an Avocado
All you need is an avocado, an egg, and your favorite spice. I use Garam Masala.
(See. That only took up one line; no scrolling needed.)
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Place in bowl.
- Dump the raw egg into the avocado.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes depending on microwave strength.
- Season to taste.
I love this recipe because it fills me up. Avocado weighs in at about 200 calories, and Egg around 80. This rich, protein filled meal is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on the go.
Mason ‘Mazing Salad
All you will need is lettuce, everything in your fridge, and homemade trail mix.
I eat this at least once a day. That’s how lazy-approved it is.
- Fill your mason jar 2/3 full of lettuce or salad greens.
- Add anything you have in your fridge, like turkey, carrots, tomatoes, peas, carrots, and beans
- Dump a 1/4 cup of homemade trailmix (nuts, seeds, and raisins) in the jar.
- Enjoy with your favorite dressing.
Turkey roll up hummus
All you will need is turkey, lettuce, and hummus.
- Take a slice of turkey and slather with 1 tbsp of hummus.
- Fill with lettuce.
- Wrap and stab with a toothpick.
- Repeat five times and eat now or later.
Now I’m hungry. Sigh. But, the food is too far away right now. I’ll try again later.